Home | Articles
PROOF THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD
Most people will sometime in their lives search
for the Spiritual meaning of life, for God.... they begin by trying to make head
or tail of the plethora of different religions of the world. But which one is
Ideally, one should start with the Bible, because the Bible says that ALL other religions and philosophies are FALSE. By starting with the Bible, you can save yourself a lifetime of pointless study.
· Firstly, one must understand that the Bible is the most authentic historical document known to mankind.
The Bible claims to be God's Word.
2 Tim 3:16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
is the God of the Bible, this God of Israel?
Exodus 3:14 What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
Isaiah 42: 8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Hebrew for "I AM" is YHWH pronounced YAHWEH - that is God's name. Interesting that the Rabbis during the Middle Ages decided that Jews could not say God’s name because it was too sacred, so they took YHWH and added the vowels of Adonai (which means Lord), which is where the corrupted name ‘Jehovah’ is derived.
YAHWEH means "the self-existent ONE. It says that the existence of all creatures
depends on me."
Interesting now.....hear what Jesus said:
John 8: 58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"
John 14: 6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 13: 19 "I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am He.
John 8: 24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.
Jesus claimed to be God! There are 3 possibilities...
· He was a masterful con-man, a fraud,
· He was a sincere, but deranged lunatic, or
He was who He
claimed to be?
Bible, Yahweh says that He was there from the beginning, before time
Gen 1:1 In the beginning....GOD...
Isaiah 46: 10Declaring the end from the beginning....
Isa 43: 13Yea, before the day was I am he;
Isa 48: 16Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there I am:
What God says here is that you can go back as far as you want, I AM there.
Yahweh also says
that He has searched the entire Universe for other God's, but found none
– no Allah, no Buddha, no Krishna, no sacred cows, no Sun God, no Baal, no
Apollo nor Zeus, nor any Sacred Pope. Yahweh says that He is the ONLY
God, THE Almighty…...
Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
Isa 43:10 ...that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. 11I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
Isa 44: 6Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Isa 44: 8 Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
There is only ONE true God, but there are MANY false God's, all representing Satan, the enemy.
1 Cor 10:20 states that behind every Pagan/heathen God or idol is a demon.
· So then….
1. We know that the Bible is, beyond all reasonable doubt, authentic.
2. We know that it claims to be the Word of God.
3. How do we know that YAHWEH’s claims of being the only God are TRUE?
· PROOF IN PROPHECY
says that to prove that He is the ONLY God, He will show men what will
happen in the future. To make sure that people can't credit these events to
other god's and idols, He will make known the future unto His Prophets, so that
man will know that He is GOD, the ONLY God, to whom all credit
must be given. Earth changing, incredible events will be foretold, that in no
way could be credited to another God.
Isa 46: 10Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, (Declaring = making known)
Isa 48: 5 Therefore I told you these things long ago; before they happened I announced them to you so that you could not say, ‘My idols did them; my wooden image and metal god ordained them.’ 6 You have heard these things; look at them all. Will you not admit them? "From now on I will tell you of new things, of hidden things unknown to you.
Isa 42: 8I am YAHWEH: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. 9Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.
Yahweh says in Isaiah 48 (above) – that you can see these events happen for yourself and you just CANNOT deny them.
About 30% of the Bible is devoted to these prophecies.
As an example, Ezekiel the prophet wrote more than 50x: "The Word of Yahweh came to me, saying...." - direct inspiration from God.
There are 2 streams of Biblical Prophecy - those concerning Israel and those concerning the Messiah.
· THE MESSIAH –
There are roughly 371 prophecies in the Old Testament, written 600-800 years before Christ - incredibly accurate predictions of the Messiah, most of which were fulfilled by JESUS CHRIST. (The remaining unfulfilled prophecies will come to pass when He returns to judge the earth). 371 coincidences? Surely not?
ISAIAH 52:13 – 53:12
· Isaiah predicts the Messiah. The Messiah would be despised, rejected, brought as a lamb to the slaughter, killed for the sins of mankind, and his grave would be amongst the wicked.
BORN OF A VIRGIN
· Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel [God is with us].
while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto
him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee
Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21And
she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall
save his people from their sins. 22Now all this was done, that it
might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23Behold,
a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call
his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
· Micah 5: 2But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
Micah said the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem, from amongst one of the smallest towns in entire Judah.
· Matt 2: 1Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,….. 5And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, 6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
FROM THE FAMILY LINE OF KING DAVID
Jer 23: 5Behold,
the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch,
and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in
the earth. 6In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and
this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Jeremiah predicted that the Messiah would be from the house of David, King David would be his ancestor.
· Matt 1: 6And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon…..16And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
BETRAYED FOR 30 PIECES OF SILVER
· Zech 11: Talks about how Israel betrayed God…. 12And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. 13And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.
· Matt 26: 14Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests, 15And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver. 16And from that time he sought opportunity to betray him.
· Matt 27: 9Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value; 10 And gave them for the potter’s field, as the Lord appointed me.
Psalm 22: A Messianic Psalm
· v1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land.
46 About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice,
“Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?”—which means, “My God,
my God, why have you forsaken me?”
Had God forsaken Jesus? No! Why would He have said this then? The reason was to quote the Messianic Psalm of David. The Jews knew this Psalm to be talking about the Messiah. He was telling the Jews that He was the Messiah!
I am a worm, and no man;
a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
7All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they
shake the head, saying, 8He trusted on the LORD that he would
deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him. ….
12Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. 13They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. 14I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. 15My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. 16For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.(!!!) 17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. 18They part my garments among them, and cast lots for my clothing.
· Matt 27:35 35 When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots.
VINEGAR AND GALL
· Psalm 69: 20Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none. 21They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.
· Mark 15: 36And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down.
· Matt 27: 34They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.
Now consider the most awesome prophecy of all -
Daniel 9:24Seventy sevens [490 yrs] are determined upon thy people [Israel] and upon thy holy city [Jerusalem], to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven sevens, and threescore and two sevens: [69 sevens = 483 yrs] the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26And after threescore and two sevens shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:
(KJV says “weeks” instead of sevens. This is one of the biggest mistakes of translation in the bible. The original Hebrew word is shavuim; it simply means “sevens,” and can refer to seven of anything.)
Nehemiah 1 & 2 discuss King Artexerxes' instruction to rebuild Jerusalem, giving the EXACT date to the day, when the commandment was given. Precisely 483 yrs later, Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey to fulfil this prophecy and others, written 600-800 yrs before they happened:
Neh 1: 1The words of Nehemiah the son of Hachaliah. And it came to pass in the month Chisleu, in the twentieth year, as I was in Shushan the palace, 2That Hanani, one of my brethren, came, he and certain men of Judah; and I asked them concerning the Jews that had escaped, which were left of the captivity, and concerning Jerusalem. 3And they said unto me, The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province are in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire. 4And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven,
Neh 2: 1And it came to pass in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, that wine was before him: and I took up the wine, and gave it unto the king. Now I had not been beforetime sad in his presence…the King then asks him why he is so sad….. 5And I said unto the king, If it please the king, and if thy servant have found favour in thy sight, that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my fathers’ sepulchres, that I may build it…… V8… And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me...Nehemiah then goes to Jerusalem…. 17Then said I unto them, Ye see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lieth waste, and the gates thereof are burned with fire: come, and let us build up the wall of Jerusalem, that we be no more a reproach.
There is a document called the TALMUD, the official Hebrew commentary on the Tanakh (Old Testament). We read in the Sanhedrin 97b: That the Sanhedrin wept and said, “Woe to us! Where is the Messiah? He had to have come by now.” Even the Holy leaders of Israel realized the fact that, according to the Tanakh, they had missed their Messiah! To cover up their error, they banned Jews forever from reading or interpreting Daniel 9 - because Daniel 9 gives the date, to the day, that the Messiah was supposed to have come. According to Judaism (the midrash Bereshith on page 243 of the Warsaw edition), the Messiah was to exit in 33AD.
THEY EVEN PREDICTED THE MESSIAH’S NAME
Zech 3: 8 ”‘Listen, O high priest Joshua and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. 9 See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the LORD Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.
Zech 6 : 9 The word of the LORD came to me: 10 “Take silver and gold from the exiles Heldai, Tobijah and Jedaiah, who have arrived from Babylon. Go the same day to the house of Josiah son of Zephaniah. 11 Take the silver and gold and make a crown, and set it on the head of the high priest, Joshua son of Jehozadak. 12 Tell him this is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Here is the man whose name is the Branch, and he will branch out from his place and build the temple of the LORD. 13 It is he who will build the temple of the LORD, and he will be clothed with majesty and will sit and rule on his throne.
Zecharia predicts that the name of the Messiah will be Joshua. The name JOSHUA is the English translation of the Hebrew name Yehoshua or YESHUA. The name means “God is his help”. The Greek translation in the New Testament is JESUS.
· Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, Righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
· Matt 21: 1And when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, unto the mount of Olives, then sent Jesus two disciples, 2Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me. 3And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them; and straightway he will send them. 4All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, 5Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.
· Isaiah 52: 5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.
· Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.
Purely from Old Testament prophecy, we therefore know that the Messiah was:
· To be born in Bethlehem, the smallest town in Judah.
· He would come from the family of King David.
· He would be born to a virgin?
· 483 yrs after the commandment to build Jerusalem, He would come riding into Jerusalem on a donkey.
· He would be betrayed by his own people for 30 pieces of silver.
· The 30 pieces of silver would be given to a Potter.
· He would be despised, rejected and bruised.
· His hands and feet would be pierced.
· He would be given vinegar and gall to drink, and his tongue would stick to the roof of his mouth.
· The guards watching over Him would gamble for his clothing.
· He would die for all mankind’s sins.
· He would open up the way for all people to communicate with God.
· His name would be Yeshua, Jesus.
Is there any possible explanation for this?
People ask, if Jesus was God, why didn’t He save himself on the cross?
It is written that He certainly had the power to.
· Matt 26: 52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?”
· Luke 24: 19 Jesus appears to Cleopas… “What things?” he asked. “About Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. 20 The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; 21 but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. ….25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
Remember, God promised to prove that He was the only God by revealing the future…These prophecies had to come true, otherwise Israel would have had an excuse to reject the Messiah. Now they are without excuse.
FURTHER PROOF - The Curtain in the Holy of Holies
51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split.
In Exodus 26 and 36 and Leviticus, God gives Israel strict instructions on how to build the temple. It included a curtain that was to surround the Altar, which was found in the Holy of Holies. Only the High Priest, after cleansing himself in a specific way, could enter the Holy of Holies, behind this curtain. This was the only way that Israel could atone for their sins - according to Rabbinic Law, a blood sacrifice had to be made. The High Priest would take an animal and tie a scarlet thread between it’s horns and sacrifice it to God. If the scarlet thread turned white, it meant that Israel’s sins had been forgiven.
· Isa 1: 18Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
· Matt 27: 50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
· Heb 6: 16 Men swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. 17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.
· Heb 9: Discusses the Holy of Holies…in quite some detail…then …. 11 When Christ came as high priest of the good things that are already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not man-made, that is to say, not a part of this creation. 12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption.
Could Jesus have planned where he would be born and to whom, who would betray him and for how much? How He would die? Could he have planned that the guards would cast lots for his clothing? Was Jesus a con-man or a lunatic? Could these just be 371 coincidences?
Consider just 2 or 3 of the 100's of prophesies about Israel.
God gave Israel, His chosen people, the Promised Land. Because Israel disobeyed His commandments, God said:
o He would remove them from the Promised Land,
o He would scatter them to the ends of the earth,
o He would make them hated amongst men,
victimized and killed.
Deut 28: 37And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword [a joke], among all nations whither the LORD shall lead thee.64And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other;
Where did the term "Wandering Jew" come from?
Which Nation is the most persecuted and hated throughout world history, and increasing up until today? The Crusades, the Holocaust and the rampant anti-Semitism of the world and specifically, the Middle East?
Are the Jews such a despicable nation worthy of this hatred?
All these are inexplicable phenomena, unless one takes into account the direct intervention of God.
o JERUSALEM - Zech 12: 2Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 3And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
Over the years, the United Nations has unanimously passed resolutions condemning Israel 378 times for defending itself against Arab invasion. NEVER ONCE has it condemned ANY Arab nation involved! 378-NIL is a one-sided match if there ever was one!
Israel is smaller than the Kruger National Park, it is mainly desert, no oil, no riches and with very little offer of gain to anyone. The entire conflict of the Middle East is centered around a little hill called Mount Moriah, the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, where the 2 Jewish Temples once stood and is now disgraced by the Dome of the Rock - a mosque built in 700AD.
The conflict in Jerusalem, Gaza and most of Israel is ongoing. Everyone strives for "diplomatic efforts" to bring peace and a "settlement" to the conflict. What they don't realize is that there can NEVER BE A SETTLEMENT! Why?
Why does the
entire world inexplicably place such unprecedented focus on this tiny
strip of barren land?
BECAUSE YAHWEH SAID IT WOULD BE SO!
o In Matt 24, Jesus tells His disciples about what will happen during the Last Days in Jerusalem: 22And except those days should be shortened, there should be no flesh saved:
Nuclear War would be the quickest way to destroy all life on earth. How is it possible that a prophet in those days of arrows and swords (2500 yrs ago) could have predicted the might of the modern day Nuclear arsenals? The only way was to have been inspired by God, or to be God Himself.
God Bless You.