Home | Articles
Many professing Christians
"believe in Jesus", mistakenly assuming this is enough. Satan too, believes!
But what does Jesus himself say on the matter...
answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto
thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
I Pet. 1:23; Titus 3:5
· Jer. 31:33; 32:39; Ezek. 11:19;18:31; 36:25-27; Ps. 51:10; Isa. 1:18-20; 55:6
· Water baptism, church membership, reformation, trying to do better, making resolutions to quit bad habits, giving money or service to the church, or trying to be a Christian without the life of Christ inside.
No. Salvation is through a Saviour, the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Matt. 1:21; Acts 4:12; Rom. 6:23; I John 5:11-13; Luke 19:10.
· Yes, "whosoever will." John 3:16, 17; Rom. 10:13; John 4:10-15; Rev. 22:17
· a. Because you have sinned. Rom. 3:23; 1 John 1:10; Isa. 53:6.
b. Because of your lost and fallen condition:
(1) Your sins have separated you from God. Isa. 59:1,2.
(2) Mankind is depraved and inclined towards sin. Gen. 6:5,6; Psalm 53:2,3; Isa.64:6; Eccl.8:11.
(3) The penalty of your sin. Rom. 2:11-13; Rom. 6:23.
(4) You are spiritually dead. Eph. 2:1; I John 5:12; St. John 3:36.
I. God's Part.
(1) Jesus Christ died in your place and for your sins so that you can be forgiven and receive that new life.
I Cor. 15:3; Isa. 53:5,6,12; Gal. 3:13; Heb. 2:9; I Pet. 3:18; Heb. 9:28; I Pet. 2:24; Rom. 5:8.
(2) He Forgives. Heb. 10:16,17; I John 1:9; Isa. 55:7; Isa. 43:25; Isa. 44:22, 1:18.
(3) He Gives Spiritual Life. Eph. 2:1,5; I John 5:11 13; St. John 3:1-7.
II. Your Part.
(1) Choose to be. Choose the way of Jesus instead of the way of Satan; choose to call on the Lord for salvation. Choose whom you will serve. Josh. 24:15; Rom. 10:13.
(2) Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Absolute trust. John 3:16-18; John 8:24; I John 5:10.
(3) Receive Him. John 1:12.
(4) Repent. (Be sorry for your sins - confess them - and leave them behind.) Acts 3:19; Acts 2:38; Luke 13:5.
(5) Confess Christ openly. Rom. 10:9,10.
(6) Be baptized. Acts 2:38; Mark 16:15; Matt. 28:19.
The First Four Steps Will Result in the New Birth and the Last Two Should Follow Very Soon after.
Evidences of the New Birth (Born Again Experience).
b. Feeding on the Word of God, where the Fear of the Lord is the beginning of all knowledge.
c. Growth towards spiritual maturity - Heb 6: 1Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, .
d. Winning others to Christ. (Bearing children In the spirit.)
any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold,
all things are become new."
— 2 Corinthians 5:17
The person who does not KNOW that he is saved (born again), either:
choose to be, or
Does not properly understand, or
Has not fully believed, trusted the Saviour and promises of God, or
Has not truly repented, or
A combination of the above factors.